In Order To Be A Great Athlete You Need:
8 Components for GREAT golf performance
1. Skills: putting, chipping, sand shots, full swing irons, full swing driver. (within these skills there are sub skills like reading greens, dealing with uneven lies)
2. Mental Strategies: developing a sound pre-shot routine, managing emotions, staying calm.
3. Clubs: having the right set-make up and fitted irons, driver and putter
4. Fitness: stable body, mobile back, fast reflexes, strong legs (Al Horkoff)
5. Nutrition: you are what you eat!
6. Tactical: managing yourself around the golf course, which clubs to use, what swing to use, understanding ball contact, ball flight
7. Fundamental Movement Skills: awesome golfers have exceptional hand-eye coordination
8. Practice: new competitors should be practcing 5-7 hours a week (45 - 90 min practices)